Even though Charlotte and Kannapolis were both idle and Lucas Giolito struggled with the big club, Monday was a good day for the rebuild, because time tables became a lot firmer.
Running down the list of good news items:
*Alec Hansen: Scheduled to start for Birmingham this weekend.
*Micker Adolfo: Might avoid Tommy John surgery after all, as Rick Hahn called the results of his MRI “quite positive.” He’s beginning a throwing program, and the Sox will evaluate his progress after four to six weeks.
*Luis Robert: Will join Winston-Salem shortly. Seven to 10 days puts him with the Dash right after the Carolina League All-Star break.
*A.J. Puckett: Threw a simulated game as he tried to tame soreness in his elbow.
Hahn also added that Eloy Jimenez would have to stop at Charlotte, which always seemed in the cards if only as a CYA procedure. He also said Super Two wasn’t a consideration with Michael Kopech this season, which, LOL.
- Danny Mendick went 2-for-4 with a homer and a double.
- Zack Collins avoided striking out after a recent cluster, going 1-for-2 with two walks. He was picked off.
- Eloy Jimenez was 1-for-4.
- Seby Zavala went 0-for-3 with a walk.
- Jameson Fisher went 0-for-3 with a walk and two strikeouts.
- Joel Booker went 1-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout. He was picked off/caught stealing.
- Blake Rutherford was 2-for-5 with a triple, double and strikeout.
- Luis Alexander Basabe went 3-for-5 with a triple.
- Gavin Sheets, 0-for-4 with a walk and a strikeout.
- Ti’Quan Forbes fell a homer short of the cycle during a 3-for-4 night, striking out once.
- Yeyson Yrizarri, 2-for-4 with a double and a strikeout.
- Jimmy Lambert: 6 IP, 6 H, 4 R, 3 ER, 2 BB, 4 K, 2 HBP
*The Dash now lead by two games over Buies Creek, which was rained out.
- Jefferson Mendoza was 1-for-3.