After 48 career starts at Birmingham, Spencer Adams finally got the call to Charlotte.
The White Sox promoted Adams to Triple-A on Tuesday. The numbers on the whole aren’t impressive — a 4.59 ERA, 10 homers and just 53 strikeouts over 68⅔ innings. However, he finally seemed to flip the switch over his last three starts, allowing just one earned run over 21 innings.
Adams has been around since 2014, when the White Sox drafted him in the second round, yet he’s just 22 years old.
- Avisail Garcia went 1-for-2 with a walk in his first rehab game.
- Jordan Stephens bounced back from his first rough outing at Triple-A: 6 IP, 3 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 7 K, 2 WP, 61 of 98 pitches for strikes.
- Danny Mendick earned the rare platinum sombrero during an 0-for-6 night.
- Zack Collins went 2-for-6 with a double.
- Eloy Jimenez, 2-for-5 with a double.
- Seby Zavala was 0-for-4 with a walk and three strikeouts.
- Jameson Fisher went 1-for-4 with a sac bunt and a strikeout.
- Ryan Burr: 2 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 3 K, 1 WP
- Ian Hamilton: 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 2 K
*The Barons erased deficits of 4-0 and 7-4, then held on after scoring four in the top of the 11th.
- Luis Alexander Basabe went 2-for-4 with a homer and a double.
- Alex Call, 2-for-4 with a triple and a strikeout. He also stole a base and was picked off.
- Blake Rutherford was 1-for-3 with his fourth homer and an HBP.
- Micker Adolfo was 1-for-4.
- Gavin Sheets wore the collar with a strikeout.
- Ti’Quan Forbes, 2-for-4.
- Bernardo Flores lowered his ERA to 2.55 with seven scoreless innings. He allowed three hits and two walks while striking out five.
— Winston-Salem Dash (@WSDashBaseball) June 13, 2018
- Luis Robert went 0-for-3 with two strikeouts.
- Evan Skoug was 1-for-3 with a double.
- Luis Burvelo, 1-for-3 with a triple.
- Justin Yurchak went 0-for-1 with a sac fly and a walk.
- Lincoln Henzman was terrific: 7 IP, 1 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 K
- Luis Robert went 1-for-3 with a double and a strikeout.
- Justin Yurchak, 1-for-2 with a double and a sac fly.
- Luis Curbelo was 1-for-3.
- Carlos Perez went 2-for-3 with a double.
*Video of Luis Robert’s double:
Luis Robert smokes a double to LF to begin the Kannapolis 5th inning.. pic.twitter.com/umemFnqcaL
— Jonathan Lee (@followmefor3) June 13, 2018
- The DSL Sox committed eight errors and won.